In the early 1960s the land on which the township of Venus Bay exists was donated to the Alfred Hospital. In the following years the three estates were developed and houses slowly appeared. From the mid 1980s the rate of development increased to the current position where houses have been built on around 1600 of the 2400 blocks.
The estates are separated by buffer zones of vegetated crown land. The property 'Evergreen' being situated between the 1st and 2nd estates on the inlet side of Lees Road.
Grasslands at Venus Bay (click on image to view)
The township of Venus Bay has less than 500 permanent residents although during summer the population swells upward of 8,000 with the arrival of part time residents and visitors.
Venus Bay still has ample land available for building and a visit to any of the local real estate agents will reveal a selection of vacant blocks and houses to consider.
There is no need for any further subdivision, now, or in the foreseeable future.
Venus Bay has a small commercial centre comprising a general store, a fishing shop, a hair dresser, real estate agents, and a variety of food outlets. This is supplemented by other businesses operating in nearby Tarwin Lower.
Venus Bay's commercial centre (click on image to view)
|Entrance to No.5 beach||No.1 beach||Beach at sunset|
|(click on images to view)|
The Venus Bay Surf Life Saving Club patrols the No.1. Beach during summer. Click here to visit the Venus Bay Surf Life Saving Club site.
Surf life saving club - clubhouse (click on image to view)
Venus Bay jetty at low tide (click on image to view)
The Venus Bay Angling Club has been in existence for over 25 years. Click here to visit the Venus Bay Angling Club site.
© Venus Bay Wetlands Project